JOB VACANCY: FULL TIME RECEPTIONIST
Receptionist Duties and Responsibilities
- Dealing with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
- Completing procedures when guests arrive and leave
- Choosing rooms and handing out keys
- Preparing bills and taking payments
- Taking and passing on messages to guests
- Dealing with special requests from guests (like booking theatre tickets or storing valuable items)
- Answering questions about what the hotel offers and the surrounding area
- To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to
- maintain high quality customer service.
- To deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay
- To undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
- To administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
- To ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently
- Outstanding communication and listening skills, in addition to basic computer knowledge
- Team player
- Have an enthusiasm and possess superb customer service skills
- Take pleasure in working with people and have a welcoming and outgoing personality
Education and Experience Requirements
Previous experience working in a 4 star hotel.
Must have minimum GCSE, BTEC or Equivalent.
Good written and spoken English
- Level 1 Certificate in General Hospitality
- Level 1 Award in Introduction to Employment in the Hospitality Industry
- Level 1 Award in Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Level 2 Award in the Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism.
JOB TITLE: FOOD RUNNER
We have several positions for enthusiastic and personable food runners to join our crew at the Captains Club Hotel, Christchurch.
At this time we require individuals with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to work in a fast paced environment.
We currently have full time and summer vacancies available.