Create your goal and make it universal
Achieving objectives while saving the environment's the best form of multitasking
Commandeer the helm alongside us at Captain’s Club with the option of hosting a business meeting that’s completely environmentally-friendly. Don’t only take pleasure in doing business at our environmentally award-winning 4 star hotel in Christchurch, but also feel good doing it. We’ve gone all out in navigating the reduction of our carbon footprint as part of some of the packages we offer and by introducing the Responsible Guest Charter, as an event company, organiser or delegate, now you too can help us in our ongoing quest. Together we can host an environmentally responsible event and have a bit of fun doing it, finishing off with a celebratory cocktail or toasting with a glass of fizz before dining in our 2 AA Rosette restaurant.
- Rooms arranged before arrival
- Non-stop personal service throughout
- Complimentary wifi
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- 24 hour audio visual and conference production support
- Navigate sustainable planning
- Select our hotel and meeting information by downloading our PDF brochure to your computer.
- Circulate information to your colleagues via email and ask that they only print out where absolutely necessary.
- Select email as your first choice of communication to firm up all organisational requirements with the Captain’s Club event team.
- Please think twice regarding the need for badging.
- Our Environmental Policy is available for your internal distribution should you desire to explain a contributing factor for your venue choice.
- The Captain’s Club Hotel is perfectly positioned for the use of public transportation. However, if car travel is a necessity, please adopt a ‘car sharing’ policy.
- Being a day delegate
- Our Waterside, Starboard and Port Suite all have natural daylight and glorious views complete with good ventilation. We will provide a comfortable, natural environment to aid the general well-being of your delegates for the duration of their meeting.
We will also provide:
- Recycled paper and sustainably sourced pencils
- A white board, pens and environmental cloths/cleaners
- Complimentary WiFi internet access
- In-house production equipment including a screen, microphone, sound for iPod and a projector (to link to a laptop).
- Recycling stations
- For items such as paper, plastic, glass and cans
Eating & Drinking:
Menus are created to reduce the environmental impact and within your Sustainable Meetings package the food and drink would include:
- Arrival, mid morning and afternoon refreshments of fair trade tea, coffee, freshly squeezed juice and smoothies along with home made granola flapjacks and carrot cake.
- Fair Trade fresh seasonal fruit
- Eco Water (filtered iced water with a twist of citrus and mint from our herb garden.)
- Fresh, healthy and delicious two course lunch
- Produce locally sourced, seasonal and lovingly prepared (inclusive of sustainable fish, free range meat and imaginative vegetarian options.)
- Linen napkins, china and glass-wear utilised throughout.
- A dedicated member of the events operations team who is a signed up member of the hotel’s Environmental Staff Charter will be assigned to your event.
24 Hour Delegate Rate to also include:
- Three course dinner with coffee
- Sourced and prepared as per the luncheon. Produce provided by local suppliers who are also pro-active in all areas of sustainability. Menus highlight free range/organic ingredients and the purveyors who produce them.)
- Use of the hydrotherapy pool and sauna
- The spa product used is Phytomer which is marine based and environmentally friendly
- Overnight accommodation in a river facing double room.
- Additional recycling bins provided in each bedroom, along with optional sheet and towel replacement.
- Full English Breakfast
- Produce is free range and from local suppliers
Please contact the events department on 01202 475111 or email the Events Manager to request costings.
- Optional Extras
Price upon application
- Presentation on how the hotel successfully operates in a green manner. Providing an overview on how your Sustainable Meeting has been designed to reduce its environmental impact.
- Attendee ‘event mugs’ for use by individuals for the duration of the meeting.
- Additional AV equipment such as plasma screens, lighting, microphones, lecterns etc. hired from a local supplier.
- Organic wines (pre order only)
- Bolt on activities
- ‘Cooking with the Captain’ (fresh, seasonal produce utilised for this exclusive cookery demonstration by our head chef, Andrew Gault.)
- ‘Taste the Grape’ (organic wine tasting hosted by our sommelier, Vincent.)
- ‘Key Note Speakers’ (environmental specialists)
- ‘Wildlife walk’ (hosted by the Christchurch Harbour Ornithological Group. Attendees are walked around Stanpit and one of the many nature reserves to spot the abundance of wildlife on our doorstep.)
- ‘Water based Activities’ (utilising the natural resources of the River Stour. Activities such as Coracle Building, Canadian Canoeing, Kayaking and Raft Building.)
- ‘Conservation and Community’ Team Build (As an alternative to a traditional team building experience… a team of people help with a valuable conservation or community project. These activities could include; habitat restoration for the wildlife on the River Stour such as ditch digging on Stanpit to attract birds such as Lapwings, the creation of a floating island intended to attract Terns to nest in the harbour or to clear areas to support the bird ringing team.)
Navigate your best business meeting yet
Help us make a difference
Conferences & Meetings
Use the unique surroundings of Captain's Club as an inspiring base for meetings and conferences.
Build a strong, motivated and successful team during a productive day spent at Captain's Club.
Dine at The Captain's table in the vibrant ambience of our 2 AA Rosette restaurant.