The environmentally award winning Captain’s Club Hotel is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and with the introduction of the Responsible Guest Charter, as an event company, organiser or delegate, now you too can do your bit!
Together we can host an environmentally responsible event.
Our sustainable meetings packages encourage maximum waste and energy savings along with promoting environmental awareness to delegates.
You may wish to consider the following when planning your event:
- Our website features all the information you should need to organise the most simple or most complex of events – it’s readily available for your full use.
- Select our hotel and meeting information by downloading our PDF brochure to your computer.
- Circulate information to your colleagues via email and ask that they only print out where absolutely necessary.
- Select email as your first choice of communication to firm up all organisational requirements with the Captain’s Club event team.
- Please think twice regarding the need for badging, agendas and delegate packs. If they are required, consider using reusable badging along with ensuring that any paperwork is printed on both sides, preferably on recycled paper.
- Our Environmental Policy is available for your internal distribution should you desire to explain a contributing factor for your venue choice.
- The Captain’s Club Hotel is perfectly positioned for the use of public transportation. However, if car travel is a necessity, please adopt a ‘car sharing’ policy.
Included in the Day Delegate Rate:
- Our Waterside Suite has natural day light and glorious views complete with good ventilation. We will provide a comfortable, natural environment to aid the general well-being of your delegates for the duration of their meeting.
We will also provide:
- Recycled paper and sustainably sourced pencils
- A white board, pens and environmental cloths/cleaners
- Complimentary WiFi internet access
- In-house production equipment including a screen, microphone, sound for iPod and a projector (to link to a lap top).
- Recycling stations
- For items such as paper, plastic, glass and cans
Eating & Drinking:
Menus are created to reduce the environmental impact and within your Sustainable Meetings package the food and drink would include:
- Arrival, mid morning and afternoon refreshments of fair trade tea, coffee, freshly squeezed juice and smoothies along with home made granola flapjacks and carrot cake.
- Fair Trade fresh seasonal fruit
- Eco Water (filtered iced water with a twist of citrus and mint from our herb garden.)
- Fresh, healthy and delicious two course lunch
- Produce locally sourced, seasonal and lovingly prepared (inclusive of sustainable fish, free range meat and imaginative vegetarian options.)
- Linen napkins, china and glass-wear utilised throughout.
- A dedicated member of the events operations team who is a signed up member of the hotel’s Environmental Staff Charter will be assigned to your event.
24 Hour Delegate Rate to also include:
- Three course dinner with coffee
- Sourced and prepared as per the luncheon. Produce provided by local suppliers who are also pro-active in all areas of sustainability. Menus highlight free range/organic ingredients and the purveyors who produce them.)
- Use of the hydrotherapy pool and sauna
- The spa product used is Phytomer which is marine based and environmentally friendly
- Overnight accommodation in a river facing double room.
- Additional recycling bins provided in each bedroom, along with optional sheet and towel replacement.
- Full English Breakfast
- Produce is free range and from local suppliers
Please contact the events department on 01202 475111 or email the Events Manager to request costings
Optional Extras: (Prices upon application)
- Presentation on how the hotel successfully operates in a green manner. Providing an overview on how your Sustainable Meeting has been designed to reduce its environmental impact.
- Attendee ‘event mugs’ for use by individuals for the duration of the meeting.
- Additional AV equipment such as plasma screens, lighting, microphones, lecterns etc. hired from a local supplier.
- Organic wines (pre order only)
Bolt on activities such as:
- ‘Cooking with the Captain’ (fresh, seasonal produce utilised for this exclusive cookery demonstration by our head chef, Andrew Gault.)
- ‘Taste the Grape’ (organic wine tasting hosted by our sommelier, Vincent.)
- ‘Key Note Speakers’ (environmental specialists)
- ‘Wildlife walk’ (hosted by the Christchurch Harbour Ornithological Group. Attendees are walked around Stanpit and one of the many nature reserves to spot the abundance of wildlife on our doorstep.)
- ‘Water based Activities’ (utilising the natural resources of the River Stour. Activities such as Coracle Building, Canadian Canoeing, Kayaking and Raft Building.)
- ‘Conservation and Community’ Team Build (As an alternative to a traditional team building experience… a team of people help with a valuable conservation or community project. These activities could include; habitat restoration for the wildlife on the River Stour such as ditch digging on Stanpit to attract birds such as Lapwings, the creation of a floating island intended to attract Terns to nest in the harbour or to clear areas to support the bird ringing team.)