Gold Star Sustainability at the Captain's Club Hotel
The Captain's Club 'crew' have much to smile about. We have been awarded, on first inspection, the much acclaimed Gold Award by the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
Green Tourism Business Scheme
We proactively demonstrate our commitment through all facets of our hotel business...whether this be for our overnight guests by offering a gentle reminder to turn off lights when leaving their bedrooms or whether this be through ensuring that our dining guests can select from menus that include seasonal, local produce from sustainable sources.
When considering our corporate guests we actively encourage the use of 'tap' rather than 'bottled' water, supply in-house equipment to cut down on audio visual transportation and take advantage of our natural daylight and ventilation to promote general well-being for delegates.
Being a modern hotel, we have state of the art double glazing units, efficient water systems and lighting sensors which all help to conserve energy. We have robust recycling systems and hold regular 'green' meetings with our staff - actively encouraging them to submit ideas on how we, as a team, can provide a greater sustainable service.
We also support not only local charities, projects and schools but local suppliers and our surrounding wildlife too.
The Captain's Club Hotel's Environmental Mission Statement
The Captain’s Club Hotel is committed to identifying, implementing and monitoring environmental ‘good practice’ throughout the hotel and its services and will strive to engage staff, business partners and guests to help deliver this promise.
Here, at the Captain’s Club Hotel, we take sustainability seriously.
We are committed to:
- Understanding environment issues and the impact that we, as a business, have on our people, our community, our wildlife and our wellbeing.
- Identifying the action that we need to undertake to greatly help to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Planning and implementing a course of action to successfully bring about cultural change.
- Supporting and working closely with our business partners to purchase, sell and use environmentally friendly products.
- Evaluating our progress and continually striving to improve our environmental measures that will help us to provide a more sustainable service.
- Actively encouraging our personnel, suppliers and guests to recognise that we all have a responsibility to safeguard our environmental future.
- Comply to all environmental legislation that relates to our company and service.
- Proactively communicating our environmental vision.
We support the CHOG (Christchurch Harbour Ornithological Group) who are dedicated to the study and conservation of the wildlife on the Harbour.